3.28.2012

Spring Camp for Big Kids.....

That's where we've been.  We had an amazing time in Colorado & the airport was mostly uneventful.  The fine folks at Airtran had a wheelchair ready for us at every stop & gave Trent an extra seat for the ol' boot.  Only one time was I left to roll ALL of this:
They don't call these mountains the Rockies for nothin'


We kinda had separate vacations, but we were both as happy as can be with that arrangement.  Trent hung out with his childhood friends, Michael & Charles.  I went on several adventures with Kelly.

By far, my favorite thing was a hike to Hanging Lake.  Though a bit treacherous at times, the hike led to what I would seriously say is one of the top 5 coolest things I've ever seen.  I loved it so much it's going to get the rest of this post.  The pictures don't do it justice.

What we found at the end of the hike....
The hanging lake was gorgeous, but climbing a little higher led us a to an ice stalagmite that was breath-taking.



 Part II coming soon......